In the fast-paced world of food-and-beverage service, accidents behind the bar or in the kitchen are common. Drinks are often spilled, dishes and glasses may be broken, and work moves on at the same heightened tempo in order to make sure the customers and patrons are happy. It is important for bartenders and wait-staff to make sure that broken glass is thoroughly cleaned up and does not pose a hazard to guests of the establishment.
Shards of glass can be very difficult to detect and can cause serious injury if ingested or stepped on. Restaurant staff should be careful that broken glass does not make its way into ice bins, other glasses, or onto serving plates, or severe injuries may result. For more information on injuries caused by broken glass, contact the Lake Geneva personal injury lawyers of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® at 800-242-2874 today
Broken glass may be ingested if:
It is important for restaurant staff to quickly and thoroughly address shattered glass accidents, especially if they occur around plates or glasses used for the service of food or beverages to patrons. If glass is broken in containers holding ice, it is wise to completely melt all of the ice and clean the bin thoroughly to prevent injury to customers.
If you have been injured due to the negligence of restaurant employees or management, you may be eligible for compensation for pain, suffering, medical bills, and other expenses. For assistance with your claim, contact the Lake Geneva personal injury lawyers of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. ® at 800-242-2874.