Posted on Thursday, March 29th, 2012 at 7:02 pm
A 33 year-old man was taken to the hospital over the weekend after an eight-inch reinforcing bar from Orlando’s Amway Arena struck him. The city imploded the former home of the Orlando Magic Sunday morning as operations moved to the new Amway Center.
According to the police report, the man was nearly two blocks away from the Amway Arena when the reinforcing bar hit him on his leg. He suffered a broken fibula and had surgery earlier this week.
The president of Dykon Explosive Demolition Corp., the company that conducted the demolition, has since paid for the man’s medical expenses.
If you or someone you love has been injured due to someone else’s negligence, contact the personal injury lawyers of Habush Habush & Rottier, S.C. by calling 800-242-2874.
Posted on Friday, March 23rd, 2012 at 8:39 pm
Divers recovered five more passengers who were on board the Costa Concordia cruise ship that capsized off the Italian coast earlier this year. At least two more people are still unaccounted for as the death toll reaches 30.
The ship’s captain, Francesco Schettino, has been charged with manslaughter in connection to the crash. Schettino admitted that he caused the ship to capsize after he came too close to shore and crashed onto rocks.
Nearly 2,400 tons of oil from the ship has been drained over a five-week period, and crews could start as soon as next month to remove the ship from the rocks.
Posted on Tuesday, March 13th, 2012 at 7:03 pm
Lenovo and the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission announced last week that nearly 50,500 Lenovo ThinkCentre computers are being recalled for a potential fire hazard. A defect in an internal component can cause the power supply to overheat, creating a fire risk.
The Lenovo models affected are the ThinkCentre M70z and M90z, sold worldwide from May 2010 to January 2012. The company has received two complaints worldwide of fire and says that customers with a defected model should stop using it immediately.
Lenovo will replace the power supply free of charge. To check if your computer is affected, a support page on the Lenovo website will determine if your computer is defective after you enter your machine’s serial number.
If you or someone you love has been seriously injured due to a defective product, contact the product liability lawyers of Habush Habush & Rottier, S.C. at 800-242-2874 today.
Posted on Thursday, March 8th, 2012 at 8:37 pm
A California jury has awarded a woman nearly $415,000 after she slipped and fell in a Costco store almost three years ago.
The 58 year-old woman was having lunch in the food court when she slipped on a puddle of liquid soap. Her knee cap was shattered, requiring one surgery to wire her knee together and two more may be needed. According to her attorney, employees passed the spilled soap several times and did not clean it up.
In the 12-0 decision, the jury awarded her $350,000 for her past and future pain and suffering and about $90,000 for her past and future medical expenses.
If you or someone you love has been injured in a slip and fall accident, contact the slip and fall accident attorneys of Habush Habush & Rottier, S.C. at 800-242-2874 today.
Posted on Friday, March 2nd, 2012 at 8:39 pm
A 63 year-old resident at a nursing home has filed a negligence lawsuit against the facility and the owner after alleging that an employee sexually assaulted her in 2009.
The woman suffers from expressive aphasia, a condition that limits her ability to communicate and speak. A two-day trial against the accused resulted in a not guilty decision. Her lawyer claims that his exoneration does not mean the nursing home did not act improperly or is from accountability.
The nursing home and its owner both face charges of neglect, violating state regulations and the Consumer Protect Act, as well as breach of contract.
If you or someone you love has suffered due to nursing home neglect, contact the nursing home neglect lawyers of Habush Habush & Rottier, S.C. by calling 800-242-2874.
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- February 2013
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- November 2008
- October 2008
- September 2008
- August 2008
- July 2008
- June 2008
- May 2008
- April 2008
- March 2008
- February 2008
- January 2008
- December 2007
- November 2007
- October 2007
- November 1999
- Car Accidents (6)
- dangerous product attorney (1)
- dangerous product lawyer (1)
- explosion accident attorneys (1)
- explosion accident lawyers (1)
- food product recall attorneys (1)
- food product recall lawyers (1)
- hospital negligence attorneys (1)
- hospital negligence lawyers (1)
- Lake Geneva birth injury attorneys (1)
- Lake Geneva birth injury lawyers (1)
- Lake Geneva car accident attorneys (3)
- Lake Geneva car accident lawyers (5)
- Lake Geneva construction accident attorney (1)
- Lake Geneva crane collapse attorney (1)
- Lake Geneva defective child care products attorneys (1)
- Lake Geneva defective child care products lawyers (1)
- Lake Geneva defective pharmaceutical product attorneys (1)
- Lake Geneva defective pharmaceutical product lawyers (1)
- Lake Geneva dog bite attorneys (2)
- Lake Geneva dog bite lawyers (2)
- Lake Geneva explosion attorneys (1)
- Lake Geneva explosion lawyers (1)
- Lake Geneva failure to yield attorney (1)
- Lake Geneva failure to yield lawyer (1)
- Lake Geneva firework injuries attorneys (1)
- Lake Geneva firework injury lawyer (1)
- Lake Geneva food product attorneys (2)
- Lake Geneva food products lawyers (2)
- Lake Geneva medical malpractice attorneys (1)
- Lake Geneva medical malpractice lawyers (2)
- Lake Geneva motorcycle accident lawyers (1)
- Lake Geneva negligence attorney (1)
- Lake Geneva nursing home neglect attorneys (1)
- Lake Geneva nursing home neglect lawyers (1)
- Lake Geneva pedestrian accident lawyers (1)
- Lake Geneva personal injury attorneys (4)
- Lake Geneva personal injury lawyers (6)
- Lake Geneva premise liability attorneys (4)
- Lake Geneva premise liability lawyers (4)
- Lake Geneva product liability attorneys (2)
- Lake Geneva product liability lawyers (2)
- Lake Geneva sexual assault attorneys (3)
- Lake Geneva sexual assault lawyers (3)
- Lake Geneva slip and fall accident attorneys (1)
- Lake Geneva slip and fall accident lawyers (1)
- Lake Geneva truck accident attorneys (1)
- Lake Geneva truck accident lawyers (1)
- Lake Geneva wrongful death attorneys (1)
- Lake Geneva wrongful death lawyers (3)
- Lake Genevea motorcycle accident attorneys (1)
- Lake Genevea pedestrian accident attorneys (1)
- Personal Injury (2)
- Premises liability (1)
- Uncategorized (209)
- Wisconsin events (1)
- Wisconsin festivals (1)
- wrongful death attorneys (1)
- wrongful death lawyers (1)