Though it is a naturally occurring element, mercury is incredibly toxic to humans. Properly contained, it serves a variety of purposes and has been used in many different products. When these mercury-laden items are broken or improperly disposed of, these products (such as light bulbs and construction materials) can expose unsuspecting individuals to toxic levels of the element through the air. That is why it is important for property owners to promptly and thoroughly dispose of or eliminate mercury hazards.
If you or a loved one has been harmed by mercury exposure on another party’s property, it may be in your best interest to consider seeking financial compensation through a civil lawsuit. Contact the Lake Geneva mercury poisoning attorneys of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. at 800-242-2874 to discuss the potential advantages of legal action in your case.
People can be exposed to mercury through inhalation, absorption through the skin, or ingestion. The reaction to this exposure may vary, but no matter how it is contracted, the effects can be serious, including:
In addition to these signs and effects, unborn children can develop serious disabilities when their mother is exposed to mercury while they are in the womb.
If you have been sickened as a result of mercury exposure that would have been prevented if a property owner had upheld his or her duty to eliminate a known hazard, we can help you to hold that party accountable. Contact the Lake Geneva mercury poisoning attorneys of Habush Habush & Rottier S.C. by calling 800-242-2874 today.